|WEEKDAYS||WEEKENDS AND HOLIDAYS|
|23 km||Departure at 11am (only by booking 1 day in advance)||23 km||Departure at 10am (only by booking 1 day in advance)|
Departure at 11am (only by booking 1 day in advance)
|12 km||Departure at 10am, 11am and 12am (only by booking 1 day in advance)|
|8 km||Departure from 10am to 3pm||8 km||Departure from 10am to 4pm|
|4 km*||Departure from 10am to 3pm||4 km*||
Departure from 10am to 4pm
* Alternative if the other distances are closed (when the level of the water is too low)
MEETING PLACE - DEPARTURE
Office of L'Ourthe, Rue Ry de Savon 24, 6940 Durbuy - Parking Pré Georis. The departure of the 23 km is by bus. If you arrive too late, your reservation will be automatically changed for the 8 km route. You will come back to the parking lot at your own pace. Showers and toilets are at your disposal.
Adventure Valley Rue de Rome 1, 6940 Durbuy. From 10am to 12pm, shuttle buses leave regularly from Adventure Valley to the starting point of the 12 km. If you arrive too late, your reservation will be automatically changed for the 8 km route. You will navigate at your own pace until the finish line where you will take the bus back to Adventure Valley. Showers and toilets are available.
Adventure Valley Rue de Rome 1, 6940 Durbuy. From 10 am, shuttle buses leave regularly from Adventure Valley to the starting point of the 8km (2 km from Adventure Valley). You will navigate at your own pace until you arrive where you will take the bus back to Adventure Valley. Showers and toilets are at your disposal.
Adventure Valley Rue de Rome 1, 6940 Durbuy. From 10 am, shuttle buses leave regularly from Adventure Valley to the starting point of the 4 km (2 km from Adventure Valley). This route is the only possible alternative to be able to navigate when the water level is too low. This route consists of 2 km outward and 2 km return.
Avoid the line-ups! In good weather or summer, during school holidays and statutory holidays, we advise you to leave in the morning before 12am or after 3pm.
For an 8 km reservation, we ask you to indicate a departure time for information purposes and there is no guarantee for a departure at the indicated time. An online reservation does not have priority in the queue, it is a guarantee of departure.
- Please board and disembark only at the designated areas. Picnicking or stopping along the riverbanks is prohibited. Local authorities may impose fines for non-compliance with these rules.
- You are responsible for any damage to your kayak or equipment.
- Adventure Valley accepts no responsibility for any damage or loss of personal belongings.
- The minimum age for kayaking is 5 years old. From 5 to 11 years old included, children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Please respect nature and the people living near the shoreline. Don't leave any waste behind!
- Wearing a lifejacket is compulsory.
- Our life jackets are suitable for people weighing less than 100 kg.
- Access to terraces and restaurants is not allowed in a bathing suit.
- Max. 115 kg per single kayak.
- Max. 230 kg per double kayak.
The Ourthe river may be closed, due to its level being too low or too high.
This decision is made by the Walloon Region. You can consult the following site to know if the Ourthe is open or not. Changes are still possible on the day of your reservation, but we try to inform people of sudden changes as far in advance as possible.
We are located on a part of the Ourthe between the bridge of Maboge - the mobile barrier of Barvaux-sur-Ourthe. When this section is yellow or green, it is possible to practice kayaking.
Departures and sales offices
We have 3 places where you can buy your tickets:
- Adventure Valley bureau Rome: Rue de Rome 1, 6940 Durbuy
- Adventure Valley bureau Belle Ourthe: Parking Pré Géoris, Rue du Comte th d'Ursel, 6940 Durbuy
- Adventure Valley bureau Durbuy: Place aux Foires, 6940 Durbuy
The starting point for kayaking is at the Pré-GEORIS car park, just before Durbuy. From here, we begin our bus travel and take you to the start of your choice of distance (8 - 12 - 21 km). The arrival of the courses of 12 and 21 km is in the parking lot. At the arrival of the 8km course, the buses will ensure the transit to the parking lot where your car is parked.