The kayaking season is over, opening dates 2022 will follow later.
We organise several departures. When the distances in the reservation form are not available, the water level is either too high or too low.
A second possibility is that there are no kayaks available at the chosen distance or departure time. In that case please choose a time.
The time of reservation is a guide hour. It may vary due to many reservations. Thank you for your understanding.
We rent double and single boats.
A double boat offers place to 2p. and 1 child up to 6 years.
A mono boat offers place to 1p.
Please note that dogs are not allowed.
8 km from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
12 km 11am reservation min. 1 day in advance
23 km 10am reservation min. 1 day in advance
WEEKENDS AND SCHOOL HOLIDAYS
8 km from 10 am to 4 pm
12 km 10 am to 12 pm reservation min. 1 day
23 km 10h reservation min. 1 day
8 km: appointment for departure from Adventure Valley with a shuttle bus from 10 a.m., Rue de Rome 1 - 6940 Durbuy.
12 km: appointment for the departure from Adventure Valley with a shuttle bus, between 10h and 12h. Rue de Rome 1 - 6940 Durbuy. Visitors with a reservation for the 12 km who arrive late will be automatically rebooked for the 8 km without reimbursement of the difference.
23 km: appointment for departure at 10 am, office Belle Ourthe: Parking Pré Géoris, Rue Ry de Savon 24, 6940 Durbuy
kajak on the Ourthe can be forbidden* for 2 reasons, by too much or too little water.
The prohibition does not give the right to a refund. Reimbursement will be made by means of a voucher. This voucher comprises the full value of the original amount paid and is valid for 1 year. The conversion of the original paid amount to another activity is possible.
- Please board and disembark only at the designated areas. Picnicking or stopping along the riverbanks is prohibited. Local authorities may impose fines for non-compliance with these rules.
- You are responsible for any damage to your kayak or equipment.
- Adventure Valley is not responsible for damage or loss of personal belongings. Buckets are available to carry a bottle of water or small items. Our buckets are not 100% waterproof, we recommend that you do not take any valuables or keys with you without your own appropriate equipment!
- The minimum age for kayaking is 5 years old. From 5 to 11 years old included, children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Please respect nature and the people living near the shoreline. Don't leave any waste behind!
- Wearing a lifejacket is compulsory.
- Our life jackets are suitable for people weighing less than 100 kg.
- Access to terraces and restaurants is not allowed in a bathing suit.
- Max. 115 kg per single kayak.
- Max. 230 kg per double kayak.
- Dogs forbidden
Kayak closed? Sailing on the Ourthe can be forbidden for 2 reasons. Too much water, kayaking is too dangerous or too little water. The flow rate of the river is controlled daily by the Walloon Region, they decide whether or not it is allowed. We try to inform you as soon as possible by mail and/or telephone to avoid unnecessary travel. You can see for yourself on this
Departures and sales offices
We have 3 places where you can buy your tickets:
- Adventure Valley bureau Rome: Rue de Rome 1, 6940 Durbuy
- Adventure Valley bureau Belle Ourthe: Parking Pré Géoris, Rue du Comte th d'Ursel, 6940 Durbuy
- Adventure Valley bureau Durbuy: Place aux Foires, 6940 Durbuy
The starting point for kayaking is at the Pré-GEORIS car park, just before Durbuy. From here, we begin our bus travel and take you to the start of your choice of distance (8 - 12 - 21 km). The arrival of the courses of 12 and 21 km is in the parking lot. At the arrival of the 8km course, the buses will ensure the transit to the parking lot where your car is parked.