Kayaking down the Ourthe, a magical moment on the water
From April to October, Adventure Valley Durbuy opens its kayak activity! Sail on the clear water of the Ourthe river, surrounded by the natural beauty of the Ardennes. Paddle through the breathtaking landscapes of the region, while enjoying a moment of relaxation and adventure with family and friends.
Rent your kayak at Adventure Valley and explore the unspoilt landscape of the Ardennes
With distances to suit all abilities, Adventure Valley offers 8km or 12km courses to suit beginners and experienced paddlers alike. Explore the river and the region's beautiful natural scenery at your own pace, while enjoying a relaxing moment in the great outdoors.
Smooth sailing. Minimum age 5 years
You can book a ticket online or on the spot. We do not take reservations by phone. The time of reservation is a guideline.
Your departure time may vary due to the crowds. It is usually quieter in the morning.
We rent double and single boats.
A double boat offers place to 2p. and 1 child from 5 years. A mono boat offers place to 1p. Pets (dogs) are not allowed.
- 8 km - Durbuy > Barvaux
- 12 km Noiseux - Durbuy
- Weekdays: 4 km from 10am to 4pm - WE and school holidays : 10am to 5pm
- Weekdays : 8 km from 11am to 3pm - WE and school holidays : 8 km from 11am to 4pm
- Weekdays: 12 km - 11 am - WE and school holidays: 10 am to 12 pm
- 4 km: (alternative only available if other rides are closed)
- 8 km: there is a free shuttle bus between Adventure Valley and the departure and arrival point
- 12 km: There is a free shuttle bus between Adventure Valley and the departure and arrival point beween 10h-12h, can be reserved in advance (1 day), depending on availability.
The Ourthe is a river with a natural water flow. This flow can vary greatly (high or low), which is why the navigation can be forbidden or opened at the last minute.
When the departure is closed this does not give the right to a refund. Reimbursement will be made by means of a voucher. This voucher includes the full value of the original amount paid and is valid for one year. The conversion of the original amount paid to another activity is of course also possible.
Kayak closed ?
Sailing on the Ourthe can be forbidden for 2 reasons.
Too much water, kayaking is too dangerous or too little water. The flow rate of the river is controlled daily by the Walloon Region, they decide whether or not it is allowed. We try to inform you as soon as possible by mail and/or telephone to avoid unnecessary travel. You can see for yourself on the official website.
Frequently asked questions
When the water level is too high due to heavy rainfall or when there is not enough water due to a dry period.
The minimum age is 5 years. Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
If the departure is closed, there is no right to a refund. The refund will be made in the form of a voucher. This voucher includes the full value of the initial amount paid and is valid for one year. It is also possible to change the initial amount paid to another activity.
- Please board and disembark only at the designated areas. Picnicking or stopping along the riverbanks is prohibited. Local authorities may impose fines for non-compliance with these rules.
- You are responsible for any damage to your kayak or equipment.
- Adventure Valley is not responsible for damage or loss of personal belongings. Buckets are available to carry a bottle of water or small items. Our buckets are not 100% waterproof, we recommend that you do not take any valuables or keys with you without your own appropriate equipment!
- The minimum age for kayaking is 5 years old. From 5 to 11 years old included, children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Please respect nature and the people living near the shoreline. Don't leave any waste behind!
- Wearing a lifejacket is compulsory.
- Our life jackets are suitable for people weighing less than 100 kg.
- Access to terraces and restaurants is not allowed in a bathing suit.
- Max. 115 kg per single kayak.
- Max. 230 kg per double kayak.
- Dogs forbidden
- Please embark and disembark only at the indicated departure and arrival points. It is not permitted to picnic or disembark on the riverbank. Local authorities can impose fines of up to €250 for this.
- Please embark and disembark only at the designated embarkation and disembarkation points.
- No picnicking, leaving the kayak, making fires, throwing rubbish into the water or making noise.
- It is forbidden to bring portable or disposable barbecues, alcoholic beverages, etc. on board the kayaks.