The kayak rental (8 km) is open, the Ourthe is currently easily navigable.
You can book a ticket online or on the spot. There are 2 sales points.
Adventure Valley, Rue rome 1 - 6940 Durbuy or desk Pré Géoris, Rue Ry de Savon 24
We do not take reservations by phone. The time of reservation is a guideline.
Your departure time may vary due to the crowds. It is usually quieter in the morning.
We rent double and single boats.
A double boat offers place to 2p. and 1 child up to 6 years.
A mono boat offers place to 1p.
Children: min. 5 years old
Pets (dogs) are not allowed.
Due to the floods of July 2021, the 12 km and 23 km are currently not available, we do not have a new opening date yet.
8 km 10.30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
12 km 11h reservation min. 1 day in advance
23 km 10h reservation min. 1 day in advance
WE AND SCHOOL HOLIDAYS
8 km from 10 am to 4 pm
12 km 10h to 12h reservation min. 1 day
23 km 10h reservation min. 1 day
8 km: there is a free shuttle bus between Adventure Valley and the departure and arrival points.
12 km: appointment for departure from Adventure Valley with a shuttle bus, between 10h and 12h. Rue de Rome 1 - 6940 Durbuy. Visitors with a reservation for the 12 km who arrive late will be automatically rebooked for the 8 km without reimbursement of the difference.
23 km: appointment for the departure at 10h, bureau Pré Géoris Rue Ry de Savon 24, 6940 Durbuy
The Ourthe is a river with a natural water flow. This flow can vary greatly (high or low), which is why the navigation can be forbidden or opened at the last minute.
When the departure is closed this does not give the right to a refund. Reimbursement will be made by means of a voucher. This voucher includes the full value of the original amount paid and is valid for one year. The conversion of the original amount paid to another activity is of course also possible.
- Please board and disembark only at the designated areas. Picnicking or stopping along the riverbanks is prohibited. Local authorities may impose fines for non-compliance with these rules.
- You are responsible for any damage to your kayak or equipment.
- Adventure Valley is not responsible for damage or loss of personal belongings. Buckets are available to carry a bottle of water or small items. Our buckets are not 100% waterproof, we recommend that you do not take any valuables or keys with you without your own appropriate equipment!
- The minimum age for kayaking is 5 years old. From 5 to 11 years old included, children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Please respect nature and the people living near the shoreline. Don't leave any waste behind!
- Wearing a lifejacket is compulsory.
- Our life jackets are suitable for people weighing less than 100 kg.
- Access to terraces and restaurants is not allowed in a bathing suit.
- Max. 115 kg per single kayak.
- Max. 230 kg per double kayak.
- Dogs forbidden
Kayak closed? Sailing on the Ourthe can be forbidden for 2 reasons. Too much water, kayaking is too dangerous or too little water. The flow rate of the river is controlled daily by the Walloon Region, they decide whether or not it is allowed. We try to inform you as soon as possible by mail and/or telephone to avoid unnecessary travel. You can see for yourself on this
Departures and sales offices
We have 3 places where you can buy your tickets:
- Adventure Valley bureau Rome: Rue de Rome 1, 6940 Durbuy
- Adventure Valley bureau Belle Ourthe: Parking Pré Géoris, Rue du Comte th d'Ursel, 6940 Durbuy
- Adventure Valley bureau Durbuy: Place aux Foires, 6940 Durbuy
The starting point for kayaking is at the Pré-GEORIS car park, just before Durbuy. From here, we begin our bus travel and take you to the start of your choice of distance (8 - 12 - 21 km). The arrival of the courses of 12 and 21 km is in the parking lot. At the arrival of the 8km course, the buses will ensure the transit to the parking lot where your car is parked.